A report has highlighted some members of the ninth Senate who are yet to sponsor a single bill in the last one year.
A look at the names indicates that both major parties, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have equal representation on the list.
Below is a full list of the 10 senators, according to the report by Daily Trust:
- Ahmad Lawan, president of the Senate
- Adamu Bulkachuwa (APC, Bauchistate)
- Ibrahim Shekarau, former governor of Kano state (APC, Kano state)
- Christopher Stephen Ekpenyong (PDP, Akwa Ibom state)
President Buhari nominates Okonjo-Iweala for top position
- Godiya Akwashiki (APC, Nasarawa state)
- Emmanuel Yisa Orker-jev (PDP, Benue state)
- Kabir Abdullahi Barkiya (APC, Katsina state)
- Nicholas Olubukola Tofowomo (PDP, Ondo state)
- Peter Onyeluka Nwaoboshi (PDP, Delta state)
- Lawali Hassan Anka (PDP, Zamfara state)
The 9th Senate was inaugurated on 11 June, 2019, since then, over 450 bills have been reportedly introduced.
Meanwhile, some of the senators on the list offered some explanations regarding the development.
Senator Shekarau said he was currently working on a bill to amend the Pension Act while Senator Bulkachuwa on his part said though he did not have any bill to his name alone, he co-sponsored some.