The Kaduna State Government has announced the appointment of the deposed Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, into the board of KADIPA, its investment promotion agency.
A statement released from the government house this evening, said the governor, Nasir El-Rufai has approved the reconstitution of the board of KADIPA.
Established in 2015, KADIPA has led the investment drive of the state and anchored implementation of the Ease of Doing Business Charter that earned Kaduna State World Bank recognition as the Number One place for doing business in Nigeria.
The appointment is part of the reconstitution of the board of KADIPA, which is statutorily chaired by the Deputy Governor, and has as internal members senior officials of the Kaduna State Government.
“Governor El-Rufai said that Kaduna State hopes to benefit from the profile, experience, intellect and networks of His Highness, Muhammad Sanusi, who before becoming Emir, had built a solid reputation in global financial circles.
Malam Nasir El-Rufai said that Kaduna State is honoured to be able to call on the services of a man of such calibre to drive its development.
“The new board of KADIPA has the following members:
- Her Excellency, Dr. Hadiza Balarabe Chairman
- His Highness, Muhammadu Sanusi II Vice-Chairman
- Balarabe Abbas Lawal, Secretary to the State Government
- Bariatu Y. Mohammed, Head of Service
- Jimi Lawal, Senior Adviser-Counsellor
- Aisha Dikko, Attorney-General of Kaduna State
- Idris Nyam, Commissioner, Business, Innovation & Technology
- Fausat Ibikunle, Commissioner, Housing & Urban Development
- Thomas Gyang, Commissioner, Planning & Budget Commission
- Farida Dankaka, KACCIMA
- Amal Hassan, Private Sector
- Hafiz Bayero, MD, Kaduna Markets Development Company
- Altine Jibrin, Director-General, KADGIS
- Umma Aboki, Executive Secretary, KADIPA