The main opposition, PDP, seems poised and ready for the forthcoming 2023 general election with the release of presidential campaign council list of the party.
As contained in a statement signed by PDP national organizing secretary, Bature Umar, the list contained names of A-list members of the party across the six geo-political zones in Nigeria.
The likes of Governor Wike, Makinde, Okowa, and Tambuwal all made the list.
Akwa Ibom State governor, Udom Emmanuel made the final cut becoming the council’s chairman while he will be deputised by Bauchi state governor, Bala Mohammed.
Below is the full list of the PDP presidential campaign council for the 2023 election:
- Governor Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom) – Chairman
- Governor Bala Mohammed (Bauchi) – Vice Chairman North 3. Governor Seyi Makinde (Oyo state) – Vice Chairman South
- Governor Nyesom Wike (Rivers state) – Member
- Governor Samuel Ortom (Benue State) – Member
- Governor Aminu Tambuwal (Sokoto) – Director General
- Liyel Imoke (Cross Rivers) – Deputy Director General
- Professor Adewale Oladipo – Director-General Operations
- Chief Raymond Dokpesi (Edo) – Deputy Director General, Technical and Systems
- Okweaileze Nwodo – Deputy Director-General, Research
Other notable names listed as floor members in the presidential campaign council include former Senate presidents, Senator David Mark, Senator Bukola Saraki, and Senator Ayim Pius Ayim.
Others include Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state, Senator Ike Eweremadu, Babangida Aliyu, Senator Ben Obi, Senator Chimaroke Nnamani, Emmanuel Uduaghan, Labaran Maku, Senator Gabriel Suswam, Ahmadu Ali, Senator Ibrahim Shekarau and a host of others.